NUFFNANG

Monday, March 15, 2010

Greetings!


''Aunty BoonMean, Are we there yet??!!! '' 


Brrrr! Today's weather is a pain! It was bright and sunny but the winds were so strong I could literally felt a pushing force. My eyes went all teary and whatnot. Gosh, some more have to walk so far to the restaurant. I wish I could be in the pram, all warm and cosy. Ha. 

Today is the official date for Mother's Day in the UK, 14th of March. We had wonderful steak and wine last night by Kay (moi bro), complimented by my favourite ever Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, carrots and turnips. Sort of like a pre-celebration for Mother's Day, otherwise it'll just be ordinary home cooked cheena dishes. The steaks were cooked according to individual's preference, how thoughtful! Medium well for me! The gravy, is something to die for. *drools* 

 


Back to today. So as usual after church, we headed out for lunch. In conjunction of Mother's Day, we wanted to try something else other than Cheena food. On such an occasion, we try to avoid places like WingWah (originally super busy on weekends, needless to say MD), and of course Malaysian Delight. We wanted Nando's at first, but the shop was covered with grey blinds and no notifications whatsoever. Automatically we misunderstood that it gulung tikar already. Soon enough when we walked pass again, it was surprisingly opened! Probably bad timing. 

We settled on The Oriental, one of the restaurant in MailBox. Their decorations are somewhat eccentric. I totally love the chandelier! It always make places look grander. They have black patterned wall paper, gold shiny cushion-y sides and red blossom ceiling, which I personally think its too much of a combination. The 'Wow' factor about this place is, look at their chairs. They have faces of god knows who on them. I haven't seen it anywhere before. I find it very fascinating indeed! Mom claimed that it will probably scare people out of their pants trousers at night, when the lights are off. '' NOMB (non of my business) what '', I said.   





...and look who I found. 


why, Hello there! 
*guess guess* 


I missed Malaysian food lor! Especially nasi lemak!, satay, indo mee, chendol pulut!!, curry mee......


Their Mother's Day promotion. One word - overrated.


My starter. 'Prawn Toast'. My brain convinced me it's going to be um.. cucur udang. ( You know how the angmo likes to glamourfy their food names right ) While my brother was giggling away about my choice of starter, I waited anxiously. Little that I know, the menu was honest enough to tell me, I literally ordered Prawn-On-Toast. It was minced prawn with sesame on toast with sauce. Very crunchy one! Nice, I like. I gobbled up on my main course, which is the Rendang Chicken. I was in hunger leh! Naah, just a typical looking rendang. Both appearance and taste of it differ miles away from Malaysia's. Imitation fail miserably.  


in the toitoi. They have huge mirrors in the individual toitoi. So that you wont be shy camwhoring alone. But please, I prefer to keep the toitoi's originality of being used to pee/poo. It's too disgusting to think how could people pose in front of The bowl. Blueks. Ha, instead I used the one outside that is so much more huger. LOL. I didn't know that there's such thing as HUGER. It really means extremely huge. fml.  


I don't remember being so fat and chubby the last time I camwhored. Sighs. 
I miss you baby. <3 

Took a stroll after an awesome lunch. Omg, the wind was all over the place and was effing strong. Stupid hair covered my face I couldn't see where am I going. So strong it blew, (vases? no, sounds too delicate.) Plan potteries fell on the floor. Got one standup signboard fell beside me, scratched through my back and arm. Pain like fuck. So unlucky. Can't believe I was kind enough to put it up again. So heavy and what if it falls again and hurt somebody? Yes, I'm kind I know. =.=  I did spontaneously took a picture of myself. Heart thinking let there be miracle! Too bad, too ugly to show. HAHA. 

Bottoms are a few sceneries around MailBox. Very pretty river and they even have boat rides!





I'll leave you with the last picture. My cute niece Abigail! This shot is honestly candid. 


Isn't she adorable? 

till then, Xo. 

0 comments:

Hit Me.